Is asphalt paving a good idea? Yes! Paying attention to the value of your home is important for a number of reasons. Even if you’re not thinking about selling in the near future, it’s nice knowing the value of your property and whether it’s rising or falling. One easy way you can increase your home’s value is by using asphalt paving for your driveway. And if you have children that like to play outdoors, asphalt is going to give you a smoother surface for them to play on.
Asphalt Paving Increases Home Value
Here’s a look at how asphalt paving can increase your home’s value.
- Curb Appeal – Having good curb appeal can make your home more attractive overall. A house can be super nice, but if the driveway is in disrepair, it’s what people are going to notice first.
- Value of Paving – The other thing to think about is that the cost of the driveway will most likely be added to the value of your home. The actual amount depends on a number of factors.
- Asphalt over Cement – Last but not least, you need to think about the cost. Asphalt is going to last 15 to 30 years or more when installed correctly and can cost around 40% less than concrete.
As mentioned, the exact increase in value is going to depend on a number of factors, including your neighborhood and the type of driveway you have installed.
Other Reasons to Choose Asphalt Paving
Next, we’re going to go over some of the other considerations you should make before you decide whether or not to hire an asphalt paving service.
- Your Neighborhood – The value of your home is based somewhat on the value of other homes in the area. That being said, if you have a very nice driveway and your neighbors don’t, it can really make your house stand out – in a good way.
- Affordable – Yes, we’re going to bring up price again. The reason is simple. It doesn’t make sense to pay more for a driveway if you can save. Asphalt paving is affordable and will stand up to the test of time. All you have to do is get a quote to find out how much you can save.
- The Environment – Believe it or not, going with asphalt paving can also have a positive effect on the environment. Porous asphalt pavements can lower surface temperatures at night. Additionally, asphalt plants have very low emissions.
Going with asphalt paving can increase the value of your home, but there are also many other reasons you should choose this for your driveway. Still, at the end of the day, if you can save money, it’s a good thing.